My first Experience with Meditation




I read so many things but never read anything about meditation so far. I have no idea why? All I know is that, it’s a practice where we try to relax ourselves in terms of body and brain at the same time we try to concentrate on some object. I always had an interest to know whats there in it, from the time I saw a bunch of people doing meditation in the Rama Krishna matt (Hyderabad) but I never got sometime till now. I just kept on postponing this act but finally today came forward to do at least 10 min of meditation but surprisingly I ended up with 30 min.
Trust me, it’s one of the greatest feelings that I ever felt after I opened my eyes at the end of meditation. I felt like there is a way to achieve peace in doing it. I was just smiling unknowingly by seeing all the incidents that I passed so far in life like a movie playing on the screen.

Initially I tried to concentrate visualizing a candle with a bright light. I hardly concentrated on it for at least a minute continuously but my mind tried to show all the pictures in which, some are the ones that I came across in my life and some which I never saw.

Most of the times, it was just like watching a movie of my own life that I lived so far, especially showing the people whom I love the most. It showed the hardest times I lived and the happiest times that I had with those people along with sad times when I lost them. Trust me, for the first time, tears started flowing unknowing form the closed eyes which I felt something interesting. Its pretty hard to cry closing your eyes.

I somewhere read that I should not force my mind to concentrate upon object but just remind it that there is an object existing. We should let our mind wander freely and it should come to its own place to hear what we wanted to do which I feel is the tougher task in meditation unless you are practicing regularly.

It makes you feel that your body & mind got separated. It is all about your mind & thoughts and how the mind plays with the thoughts.

So I just let it go & watched all that it tried to show me on the screen. I just started watching screen, it showed my failures, successes, tough & hard times, losses & gains etc. Most of the times, it tried to give an impression that there are no regrets in my life making me feel proud of the tough times that I lead by taking the tough decisions of my life that I took by my own. It made me feel proud of facing all the failures. It kept on repeating the words of the people whom I love the most. I felt like someone talking to me often, like giving presentation about my life, analyzing each and every step, concluding finally.

Most importantly I learnt that, meditation is a process where you empty all the cache memory like in a computer. It just makes you to restore with the useful information in that space rather than all the things that disturb and make your brain function slowly. That doesn't mean that it wipes off completely, but it just cleans the unwanted memory and sets up for a new information that to be used regularly. In this removal of energy the brain emits some radiations through body which brings a peace to your mind.

I recommend every one of my friends to try meditation, you may find something different that you never experienced in your life but frankly it is a must in these busy lives where it lets you to find peace and there is much more to discover in it.

Finally I tried to remember what I came across in this act of meditating and just tried to keep in words so that I can express my views to all my friends. If you find anything funny and uninterested please neglect the post.

-Rav (E)

0 comments: